StrengthsFinder 2.0 was the top-selling book of 2013 and 2014 worldwide on Amazon.com
This Wall Street Journal #1 business bestseller is based on more than 50 years of Gallup research and promotes people having the opportunity to do what they do best every day. With a code to access a new version of the Clifton StrengthsFinder™ assessment, StrengthsFinder 2.0 also provides strategies people can use to build their talents into Strengths and apply those Strengths in work and life.
To access the StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment without the book go to TheGallupStrengthsCenter.com
But before you do, here are some definitions that will help understand your strengths report:
- A natural way of thinking, feeling, behaving.
- Behavior patterns that make you effective
- Thought patterns that make you efficient
- Beliefs that empower you to succeed
- Attitudes that sustain your efforts toward achievement and excellence
- Motivations that propel you to take action and maintain the energy needed to achieve
- You cannot not do it
Talents are potential strengths! (your assessment results)
- Skill: The capacity to perform the functional steps of an activity.
- Knowledge: What you know, either factually or through awareness gained by experience.
Strengths are produced when talents are refined with knowledge and skill.
To read more about the difference between talents and strengths and how strengths-based performance can help you increase your results and gain clarity to achieve your desired outcomes go to my “talent vs strengths” page to learn more.
“A talent is like a precious jewel. It can be covered by dirt, yet it is unchanged by the dirt. Through the process of development, we bring the jewel into the light where it can shine.”
-Dr. Donald Clifton – Father of Strengths Psychology